Another week, another #wingwoman. This time, I'm chatting with Debbie Cook from CAKEify Studio to learn all about her wing woman qualities and what she looks for in friendships. Get ready to get to know this amazing baker, business woman, and mom of two!
1. What makes you happy?
Lots of things! Music, nature, being with family and friends, good food, silence ….
2. What advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t be afraid to show people what you can do, or to speak up.
3. If you could magically solve one problem in the world, what would that be?
Poor mental health, and maybe that would solve a lot of other things?
4. How did you find your purpose?
A self awareness program.
5. What is your biggest pain point in building relationships?
Right now, probably follow up, or keeping in touch. Remembering to, and having the energy to.
6. What have you learned from past friendships that didn't work out?
I don't like drama (Amen, sister!)
7. Who are your SHEroes (AKA female heroes)?
A friend, Stephanie Clovechuk, VP of Tourism Saskatoon, and Jade Barr, owner Jady Babys.
8. What podcasts/books are you listening/reading right now?
Book: Rage Becomes Her: The Power of Woman’s Anger by Soraya Chemaly
9. Where can we find you?
At work in my studio, 607 Meredith RD NE (Bridgeland), or with my kids.
Check out some of Debbie's amazing creations from her studio!