Our community is all about connection, and this week's fabulous #wingwoman knows a thing or two about connecting people - meet Valerie Chin of MediPaint! Valerie and I were originally connected by our hair stylist, Kayla; she thought that we would get along great, and she was totally right! In our interview, Valerie shares how she has always found fulfillment in helping society, how she would encourage her younger self to do more, and how at the end of the day, all she needs is some nature and a London Fog to bring a smile to her face. Continue reading to learn all about Valerie!
1. What makes you happy?
So many things - being in nature, being with good company, eating good food, reading a motivating book, water in all its forms, productive days, a London Fog in Autumn...
2. What advice would you give your younger self?
Do more. For your family, your friends and most importantly for yourself.
3. If you could magically solve one problem in the world, what would that be?
I'm with Michelle Owusu on this one - "That every person on the planet has access to clean, fresh, running water and nutritious food."
4. How did you find your purpose?
I have always strived to be useful in some way or another, whether to a fellow human being or as part of a group with a purpose. In my university years, being a part of ENACTUS inspired and honed my desire to be a part of helping society move forward in a positive way. That eventually lead to the creation of MediPaint.
5. What is your biggest pain point in building relationships?
Managing my time to balance all the wonderful people I meet and those who are already in my life!
6. What have you learned from past friendships that didn't work out?
1. To err is human. They are human. I am human.
2. Everyone's journeys are their own.
7. Who are your SHEroes (AKA female heroes)?
All the women who are doing their best to do what they need to do to get to where they want to be. There are too many unsung heroes out there, so this is a shout out to all you female hustlers!
8. What podcasts/books are you listening/reading right now?
Podcast - The Tim Ferris Show #448 Brad Feld - The Art of Unplugging, Carving Your Own Path and Riding the Entrepreneurial Rollercoaster
Book - The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday
9. Where can we find you?
@medipaintyyc on Insta